Saturday 16 March 2013

Mascara Comparison post

I got a lot of positive feedback on my lip stain comparison, so I thought I'd do another one! This one is between my favourite mascara, Rimmel's Lash Accelerator, and the newest version of it which Rimmel have brought out called Lash Accelerator Endless. 
I've tried a lot of mascaras, from high-end to drugstore - including one by MAC (I'm unsure which), Clinique's High Impact (this is in fact a favourite of mine, however I cannot justify the £16.50 price tag when I know I could get a similar one from Boots for around half the price - sorry Clinique!), Benefit's "Bad Gal" (worst investment ever - this is a horrible mascara!) and "They're Real!" - although I've only tried a sample of this one and would happily buy the full-sized version except I dislike the brush.
I've also tried Maybelline's "the Falsies", 17's"Peep Show" (I liked this one!), Soap and Glory's "Thick and Fast" (disappointing) and Maybelline's "Colossal" - so I like to think that when it comes to Mascara, I know what I"m talking about. 
First up under my scrutinisation is my all-time favourite - Lash Accelerator. I cannot rave about this mascara enough!


I love the packaging of this mascara. I have the colour "Extreme black" so my tube is entirely black, but the ordinary version has a green lid. This mascara looks sleek and slim, and has gorgeous shimmery gold writing - this is easy to hold and looks super classy in your makeup bag. The rainbow effect on the gold writing detracts a little from this - but, in my opinion, the rainbow effect is super fun so I don't care!
The only gripe I have with the packaging is that the writing tends to rub off very quickly, leaving the mascara looking a bit grubbier.


The brush on this mascara is perfect for me. I have super-fine eyelashes and waaay sensitive skin around my eyes. The brush is a super slim bristle brush that tapers at both ends and has evenly spaced and sized super soft bristles. I find that this shape lets me get all my teeny tiny lashes in the corners, but also create a good amount of volume towards the central, longer lashes.


The mascara itself applies beautifully - it doesn't build up too much, just lengthens and defines lashes whilst making them look super black. I like that you don't get a super dramatic look from just one coat of this mascara as this makes it very versatile and wearable in all situations. You can, however, build it up with a couple of layers without it clumping and it always looks relatively natural and "barely-there" makeup-ish without this detracting from a dramatic lash look - it just looks like you have super long, thick lashes! Brilliant?!
You can see it compared against my natural lashes in the photo above.


Now for the latest offering from Rimmel - Lash Accelerator Endless. I hate the packaging of this product - I know a lot of people love the big chunky mascara packaging that high street brands seem to be favouring right now - but I think it looks cheap and tacky and downright gaudy. Having said that, however, I do absolutely love the zingy lime green colour of this and how it matches the rest of the Lash Accelerator collection. 


The brush... I hate plastic brushes. I find them scratchy and uncomfortable, and I find they almost always are the main culprit of a "spider lash" look. This brush is quite small so it is good for corner lashes and bottom lashes, which is a plus point.


As you can see, the mascara applies really well. The difference between this mascara and no-mascara is incredible. It makes your lashes look volumised and lengthened in one coat! It also makes your lashes curl upwards - which is amazing from my point of view as I have always had to curl my eyelashes or they just stick straight out. This mascara does tend to make your lashes clump a little near the root, so often a clean disposable mascara brush (a spoolie?) is needed to fix this.
This mascara does not layer very well. One coat is pretty much it with this mascara - however it does deliver quite an "oopmh" sort of look with only one coat!

All in all, the original Lash Accelerator wins for me. I like it because of it's buildability and soft brush, however I do wish it would curl my lashes like Lash Accelerator Endless does!

Have you tried either of these mascaras? Which was your favourite? Let me know in the comment section below! 

2 comments:

  1. talking about packaging means you have to use custom packaging to make your brand visible.
    packaging is a man part of branding.not only branding
    your quality product needs protection also ,
    if you are looking for a quality packaging, you must go and check it
    out
    Mascara packaging

    Mascara packaging

    ReplyDelete