Thursday 14 March 2013

John Frieda Full Repair Deep Conditioner Review

So I recently showed that I had bought this product in my first haul post. I've tried it a couple of times since then and figured it's now time to write a review as I feel I've used the product enough to get a good idea of what it does and how well it does it.


This is a deep conditioning mask containing "lightweight Inca Inchi oil" that claims to "revive overstyled hair". It also claims to "restore and strengthen". I for one sure as hell have overstyled hair that needs restoring and strengthening! I bleached it seven times in three days about four years ago and I am still paying for it. My hair is dry, thick, curly and brittle, and I use straighteners and blow-dryers on it regularly. I also colour it darker every 4-6 weeks, so as you can tell I need a little extra moisture in my hair.
I currently use Aussie's Miracle Moist shampoo and conditioner or the Macadamia shampoo and hair mask. I've tried the Full Repair shampoo and conditioner and did not get on with them, but I've heard glowing reviews about this product and could not wait to try it.


I love the packaging of this product. I know a lot of bloggers can be divas scooping product out of tubs - but personally I think this is way melodramatic. Scooping product out of a tub to put in your hair is in no way gross or unhygienic, unlike with a lip balm. You're in the shower for goodness sake!
That being said, I find that the packaging looks sleek and professional and it's easy to control how much product you get with this - if you get too much, you can put it back instead of washing it off and wasting it like you do with hair masks in sachets or bottles. Top marks on your packaging from me, John Frieda! I will say, however, that there is not much product in here which means I only got about four uses out of it. Sad face.
The product itself is quite thin, much like an ordinary conditioner, which means it's quite easy for it to slip out of your hair. I find the best method of application to counter this is to wring out your hair (gently to avoid strain or damage to your hair!) and then apply this from the ends to the mid-lengths to the roots, then comb back down with my fingers or a wide tooth comb and leaving it there whilst I shave my legs and exfoliate and do all the usual girly shower activities. I always put masks and conditioners on my roots because they are also very dry however I understand that some girls prefer not to do this.


 The packaging of this conditioner says to "smooth through the hair and leave for 2-5 minutes", however my favourite way was to apply liberally to dry hair, blow dry on hot for 10-20 minutes, and then wrap in a towel and sleep on it before rinsing it out in the morning. Although my hair felt nourished when I applied it according to the directions, doing it this way made all the difference! My hair felt like angel's breath! So soft and smooth, it was like wearing a silk scarf on my head.
All in all, I loved this conditioner for an overnight deep treatment and will probably be repurchasing it as I feel it does compete with other higher-end brands and makes my poor hair feel significantly better!

Have you tried this product? What were the results? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Iv just bought this and can't wait to use it , my hair is so damaged at the moment ! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete