Thursday 14 March 2013

If I had £600...

I've seen on a couple of girls' blogs that Money Supermarket are running a bloggers' challenge which entails designing 3 outfits under £200. Now, this sounded absolutely perfect for me because even I'm all about high-end beauty, both fashion and bargains are two of my specialties!  I put together these three outfits which I feel are both affordable and totally me!

Look 1: Holiday
Leopardprint bralet: House of Dereon £53
Fluoro skater skirt: Topshop £34
Hi-tops: Nike Blazers £70
Tie-dye pink socks: Topshop £3.50
Chain: Forever New £14
Lipgloss: MAC Archie's Girls Betty Lipglass in  Kiss & Don't Tell £15
Total: £189.50
I went to Ibiza last summer with a friend, and these sorts of outfits were what everyone was wearing in San Antonio! The bralet and skater skirt will make a chic, but cool and comfortable outfit, together, whilst the clashing prints and neon colours are bang on trend. The ankle socks and trainers will make a fashionable but comfortable option for walking around in during the daytime, whilst the chain looks stunning against the leopard print and also adds a bit of luxe to an otherwise casual outfit. The skirt could even be switched up for a pair of denim shorts for ultra-casual cool! This outfit would take you from sightseeing to the restaurant to the bar on your girls holiday!


Look 2: Casual
Smoke print dress: Motelrocks.com £35
Quilt-detail leather jacket: Topshop £58
Cutout leather boots: 'Adonis' boots, Topshop £75
Glitter ankle socks: Asos £3.50
Lipstick: 'Beguiled' by Topshop £8.00
Total:  £179.50
This is something I would 100% wear. I like to look girly but edgy, and I also like to stomp around in heavy boots and girly dresses - perfect! I tend to go for shift or tunic style dresses most of the time, but I absolutely love the skater dress trend that's been around for a while now. I spotted this dress online and new I had to have it. I love the patter, and the lace-up detailing in the back! I love the Jeffrey Campbell 'Coltrane' boots - but when I saw these ones at Topshop I loved them even more! I adore them! I chose the lipstick because although it may not seem casual to a lot of you, I wear a neutral eye with super dark lipstick pretty much every day of my life. I have a couple very similar to this colour and I thought it finished the outfit off perfectly. The glitter socks add a bit of girly cutesiness to the outfit, but the leather jacket and dark lipstick toughens it back up again. This is the perfect 'shopping' or 'cafe date' outfit in my book - just watch that lipstick on your coffee cup! 

Look 3: Party
Disco pants: American Apparel £70
Cream mesh crop top: Topshop £26
Boots: 'Ashaya' Topshop £90
Hoop earrings: Topshop £8.50
Cream stone ornate ring: Primark £3
Total: £197.40
This is my favourite look out of the whole three! I love disco pants, I've had my Americal Apparel pairs forever and they're still going strong and looking fine! They look soo good dressed up or down and make every outfit look infinitely more glamorous. Crop tops are huge at the moment, as is lace, so this cream lacy crop top is bang on trend. The colour is perfect for adding class and a ladylike edge to this party outfit, and the ornate, vintage-inspired jewellery pretties it up even more. To balance out the cuteness, I included these seriously fierce platform heeled peep-toe boots from Topshop. How perfect are they? I think I'm in love... 


What do you think of these outfits? Do you like them? Would you wear them? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment