Monday 4 March 2013

Beauty/Hair/Skincare Haul?




This is the first time I'll have ever done a haul post. I don't really buy many things all at once, I tend to space them out, but I've been feeling pretty crappy recently with a chest infection, so my mom picked me up a couple of bits to cheer me up.

Clockwise from left:
1. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Protection Serum 50ml £5.99: My hair is very thick, dry, and porous whilst also being very curly, so I need a smoothing serum and heat protectant to keep it healthy. Recently I've been loving VO5's "Smooth me Softly" serum, as it smells great and is quite lightweight whilst still giving me soft, sleek, shiny hair. I've used the original version of this product before, and it is hailed as a cult "affordable" product in the beauty world, I've heard. It's a very thick serum aimed at hair just like mine - thick and frizzy - so I'm hoping this heat protecting version will measure up. Can't wait to try it!
2. Veet EasyGrip Ready To Use Wax Strips (Face) £6.69: I've given up on waiting for an appointment at my local salon for an eyebrow wax, and was also too nervous to see a different lady as so many people have messed up my eyebrows - so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I've used the bikini versions of these before and they were excellent, so hopefully these will be just as good.
3. John Frieda Full Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 150ml £6.29: I have heard rave reviews about this product, and am always on the lookout for the next miracle conditioner to help me control my unruly, damaged hair. I will admit, I have used the shampoo and conditioner and thought they were awful - they felt heavy in my hair and made it look dull and greasy, but I thought I'd give this product a chance. Fingers crossed!
3. Vaseline Aloe-Fresh 24hour Protection Deodorant 250ml £2.80: Pretty boring thing to include in a haul post, but I thought I would anyway. This is actually repurchase of this product, and I do think it's a very good, moisturizing deodorant which smells very fresh and keeps you protected all day, which is excellent for only £2.80. I will say about this, it does tend to do that white-powder thing some deodorants do if you don't spray it far enough away!
4. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY £6.99: I've read many brilliant reviews of this nail polish brand so asked my mom to pick one up whilst she was out. She picked up the shade "Midnight in NY" which is a lovely black colour infused with multicoloured glitter. These nail polishes claim to be a base, colour, and top coat in one so I absolutely cannot wait to try it out!
5. MasterPlast Heel Balm £1: This is a pretty boring and gross thing to include, but my mom picked this up for my boyfriend (who has very cracked heels - sorry Tom!) and I to try out. She says it's exactly the same as Flexitol but a bargain at only £1. We've already tested this out, and I have to admit it did soften and smooth our feet quite a bit!
6. The Body Shop Camomile Eye Make-Up Remover: This is actually a sample product my mom gave me, in the size 60ml. The full 250ml size retails for £8.00. I love love love this so I was glad she gave me this miniature one! I for one hate to scrub at my eyes with a makeup wipe of an evening, so I gently dab this over my eyes until it removes my makeup. It's extremely gentle and makes your skin feel so fresh afterward. It can be used on the face also. 
7. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara in Extreme Black £8.99: My HG mascara! I'd run out so I asked for another one from my mom's work. Look out for a review on this soon!

What beauty treats have you picked up recently? Have you tried and loved any of these? Send me your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment