Wednesday 13 March 2013

Makeup Tag!



So this is a tag I've seen floating around the blogosphere a lot recently, and I really like this one. I've really enjoyed reading it on other bloggers blogs, so I hope you guys do too! I'm sorry about the text-heavy post! 

1) How long have you been wearing makeup?
I started wearing makeup when I was about 12 or 13. Like literally EVERY other girl, I had an "emo" phase so I started wearing foundation and eyeliner. I started getting really into makeup around age 15, and that's when I started wearing it "properly".

2) What was your favourite makeup product in the beginning?
I used to LOVE eyeliner and mascara - black pencil eyeliner (rimmel) and liquid liner! Like all girls, my favourite foundation was "dream matte mousse" - which did absolutely nothing for my dry skin. It's an absolute makeup abomination.

3) What is your favourite makeup product now?
Lipsticks and stains. Definitely lip products! Dark stains or nude lipsticks are my absolute favourite. I can't wait to try the new Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape!

4) What were some of your favourite makeup brands in the beginning?
I used to love Rimmel - for eyeliners, mascaras, etc. I loved Maybelline and Bourjois for their foundations - I still love Bourjois foundations. I also used to (and still do!) love Laura Paige nail polishes!

5) What are some of your favourite makeup brands now?
Although I don't own much from them, I love NARS. I constantly find myself lusting over the blushes and eyeshadows. The only problem I have with NARS is that their foundations are far too sheer for y liking. Illamasqua is another favourite - they're never afraid to take a risk and their foundations and precision liners are fantastic.
A high street favourite of mine is Revlon - I absolutely love their lip products. Also I love Sleek's powder products and MUA's eyeshadows.

6) How would you describe your makeup style?
Heavy and grungy, inspired by the 50s and 60s. I always wear a lot of foundation and concealer to try and hide all my freckles and create a clear complexion, I almost always do either a toned down eye with a dark lip (although now it's getting sunnier I've often been trying out a brighter lip!) or dark smudgy/smoky eyes with a nude lip.

7) What is your everyday makeup like?
At the moment I tend to do a clear base, with a hint of contouring (bronzer and highlighter). I tightline my eyes and curl my lashes before adding mascara to emphasise my eyes without using too much black product as I like to keep my eyeshadow simple - champagne shimmer or creamy and matte with a taupe cut-crease. On my lips I'll wear a dark colour - either Rimmel Kate Moss 04 (dark purple) or an old discontinued shade called Bordeaux by Rimmel which is discontinued. A similar colour is "starry-eyed" however.

8) What is your going out makeup like?My going out makeup is much the same except I almost always add a pair of fluffy eyelashes such as Ardell's Demi Wispies. I often do a cat-eye with this look, and wear a darker shimmer shade in my crease as opposed to a matt shade. Often I'll leave my face blank (no blush, and only a touch of contouring) and wear a deep brown smokey eye with a berry lip. 

9) What makeup look are you known for?
Probably caking on the foundation!! On a serious note, though, probably either winged eyeliner or berry lips - these have pretty much been my staples since I was 15.

10) What's the worst beauty crime you have committed?
Oh, I've probably committed them all in my time, unfortunately. What stands out most is my eyebrows. I've often been known to accidentally fill them in too dark for my hair and ended up looking a bit grey, or pluck them much too thin. Once I accidentally shaved them off!! I know, I know, what was I thinking. I also used to draw hearts on my face, like enormous beauty marks - oh God! I'm probably guilty of the concealer-lips look too, in the past. I have very pigmented lips so often use concealer as a base for my nude lipstick and sometimes I come out looking a little too "nude" in the lip department - like I have no lips at all! Also - lipstick on the teeth. Shudder.
11) What's the worst beauty crime you are proud you have not committed?
Too much bronzer or blush. I'm experimented with fake tan in the past - but I have NEVER had that horrific muddy orange face that I've seen some girls have. Nor have I ever packed on the blush so much that I've appeared feverish. 

12) What is one beauty trend you were part of but are now not a fan of?
Fake tan! I used to love it - especially in the summer! Now I'm all for embracing my natural (white) skin. Albeit I have been known to still put the occasional thin, light layer on just to add some colour before a holiday or a summer night out, but most of the time I just walk around accepting the fact that my pale body is blinding people!

13) What is one trend you are proud to say you were never a part of?
The blue eyeliner trend that rolls around every summer - I will never understand and never embrace it. I will admit, I have dabbled but it just makes me feel like an 80s throwback. It's really not a good look for me (or anyone) it's my opinion!
14) What is one trend you will never be part of?
Scouse brows. Thick brows in general! No. Just... no. Cara Delevigne, I'm looking at you. Make friends with your tweezers, girl!!

15) If you were brave enough to wear any look, what would it be?
I'm not sure. I'd like to think I'm very adventurous when it comes to makeup, and I'd try anything once. Maybe being a bit more bold with my eye colours. I do often wear colour on my eyes but only really reds, coppers, navy blues, olive greens etc. Slightly more "neutral". I'd like to be able to rock a brighter eye!

16) An old holy grail product of yours?
Rimmel's Bordeaux lipstick. It's discontinued (sob) and it's my absolute favourite red-wine/berry lip colour! It's gorgeous!!

17) A new holy grail product of yours?
Illamasqua foundations. I'm currently using the Skin Base foundation, and have been for a while, but I think I'd like to try the Rich Liquid foundation next. They are pretty much the only brand who make foundations pale enough for my skin - although if you have any other recommendations - hit me up! I'm always open to try new things!

Do you agree with me on any of these? Hope you guys have enjoyed reading this! Now it's your turn - I tag all of you to do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment