Wednesday 13 March 2013

MAC Paint Pot - Bare Study Review

The other day, Tom and I were waiting in York for our ride home. It was absolutely throwing it down with rain, so we went to hide in Fenwicks. Of course, being a beauty junkie, I couldn't help but run around all the makeup counters feverishly swatching all the products. I'd heard a fair bit about the MAC Paint Pots in 'Painterly' and 'Bare Study' and also the Fix+, so I was having a good old nosey at those. Tom, being the wonderful boyfriend he is, decided to treat me to an item of makeup and I chose the 'Bare Study' Paint pot.


Bare Study is described on the MAC website as a "soft beige with gold pearl". I think this is fairly accurate, however I think it is more of a warm rose-gold pearl effect with tiny silver glitter particles. This colour looks stunning as a brow and inner corner highlight - and best of all it is totally crease-free and lasts ALL day. 
In comparison with UDPP, I think I prefer Bare Study as it doesn't do that horrible "clumping" thing that UDPP does when you accidentally apply a little too much. 



This colour looks beautiful on pale skin as it matches the colour subtly, but still adds a beautiful shimmer and a hint of colour to the skin. I found that this looked stunning worn alone with a bit of UD's 'Tease' in the crease for depth, but it also looks amazing layered under matte beige shades such as MAC's Orb, to add a little bit of subtle shimmer.
I absolutely love this paint pot - it is very similar to 'Painterly' but with more shimmer and a bit more yellow-toned. It is an absolutely gorgeous colour worn alone or with other eyeshadows and I can't wait to expand my Paint Pot collection after getting this one!

Do you like the MAC Paint Pots? Which is your favourite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment