Thursday 28 February 2013

weekly wishlist: one

A wishlist is a feature I often see on a lot of beauty blogs and love. It's nice to see what other bloggers have tried and are lusting after, or are interested in etc. These and 'empties' posts are in fact two of my favourite types of post. 

My first wishlist features products I've heard amazing things about and products I need to repurchase. I plan  on making this a weekly feature on my blog!




Clockwise from left:
1. NYX Powder Blush in Taupe £5.50: I've heard this is an amazing, natural contour for ladies with pale skin, so (obviously!) am DESPERATE to try this for a natural razor sharp look. I'm sick of having muddy orange-brown patches on my cheeks where I've tried to contour with a bronzer. They're just far too warm for my skin tone and I think something like this will look a little more natural.

2. Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector £18: I have pretty bad dark rings around my eyes - just underneath my eyes and on the sides of the bridge of my nose (where glasses sit!) my skin is a horrible blue-grey-purple colour and I've heard about this being brilliant for correcting the colour and brightening the area, making you look more awake. At the moment I either use The Body Shop's 'Lightening Touch', which I HATE the smell of, or MAC's Studio Finish concealer, which is really drying and flaky, so I think this would be a good alternative to try.

3. Revlon 'Just Bitten' Kissable Balm Stain £7.99: I am constantly on a quest to find the perfect lip stain, and these are ones I've heard good things about. They are supposedly very moisturizing, which is a definite must for me in this cold weather, whilst still maintaining deep colour. I want to try nearly all the shades - but I think I'll start out with Crush and Cherish!

4. MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush £26: I desperately want an angled contour brush! A makeup artist used this one on me at the MAC store when I was trying out one of their blush colours at the counter one time, and since then I've been in love with the way it made the product look on my cheek. The blush looked far more 'controlled' than I've ever seen - it sat perfectly in the hollows of my cheeks, without over-blending the product. The large price tag puts me off a little though as I'm not sure I could justify it on a product such as this.

5. Kérastase Oleo-Relax Nutritive Serum: £17*: I used to use this serum back when I was 14 or so and had unruly, frizzy, over-dyed, thick, and curly hair that absolutely WOULD NOT behave no matter what I did to it - flat iron, deep condition, nothing. I used to massage 2-3 pumps of this serum into damp hair and then apply one more after blow-drying but before flat-ironing, and it made my sleek and soft like no other. I would kill to have this again to help make my crazy hair more easy to manage, whilst still keeping it straight and smooth and nourished.

Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts?

*I'm unsure of the actual price of this serum, as the internet says different prices for different sites. I know at my salon it costs £17.



No comments:

Post a Comment